Health and hygiene have always been top priorities at leaf. However the outbreak of Covid-19 demands we introduce additional stringent procedures. We want you to relax and enjoy your treatments so we have put measures in place designed to keep both you and our staff as safe as possible when you visit. These are in line with current Government advice.
All clients are asked to read and agree to the terms of our protocol prior to visiting us.
OUR NORMAL PROCEDURES
- Our therapists wash their hands in line with NHS protocols before and after every treatment
- They wear disposable gloves for all waxing appointments
- We change the couch bedding after every treatment
- We use single use, bio-degradable towels wherever possible. If we use cotton towels, they are replaced and washed after every treatment. Hot towels used during massage and facials are disinfected using UV light inside the cabinet
- We use other single use, disposable products such as nail files, wax spatulas and couch sheets for waxing. All other instruments are disinfected immediately after use
ADDITIONAL PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID- 19
- Our therapists will check their temperatures each morning
- They will wear full face visors or face masks. For manicures, there is an additional screen between you and the therapist. Therapists will not wear gloves while painting nails but please ask if you wish them to wear gloves during your massage
- We will allow more time between appointments so all touch points in the treatment room such as taps, door handles and surfaces can be disinfected
- We have two bathrooms in the building. The downstairs bathroom will be for the sole use of clients and upstairs for staff only. The bathrooms will be disinfected by staff after every use
- We need to reduce the number of people using the changing room so please do not be offended if we do not ask you to change into a robe and slippers for your treatment. You will be able to hang your clothing up in the treatment room
- There will be no magazines or reception area seating for the moment. If you wish to read, please bring your own book or magazine
- Your therapist will be the only person to look after you from your arrival to departure
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time and wait in your car until your therapist collects you
- Leave your coat and any large bags in your car. Just bring your car keys and method of payment. We will give you a bag to put them in
- Wear a face mask to come into the building
- We would prefer you to wash your hands when your therapist takes you into your treatment room as it is a more effective way of killing viruses. There is also a sanitising station as you enter the building if you wish to use it
- Our product testers have been temporarily withdrawn and please do not to touch any retail products. A member of staff will assist you
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a drink during a manicure. As usual, drinks are available during a pedicure and you will be offered water after massage
- Pay by card or contactless if possible
TEST AND TRACE
You must cancel your appointment if you (or someone you have had close contact with):
- Have returned from any country within the past 14 days that is on the Government quarantine list
- Have tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 14 days
- Are waiting for the result of a test for Covid-19
- Have any symptoms of Covid-19. The main symptoms are:
New, continuous cough
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
We are required to give your details to the NHS Test and Trace Service if asked. If you have downloaded the NHS Covid-19 app, you may scan the QR code displayed when you enter our building.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
We will ask for 50% of the cost of your treatment to be paid in advance. Our normal cancellation policy applies unless any of the above Covid-19 related conditions above apply. If they do, you must contact us either by phone or email before your appointment time or your advance payment will not be refunded.
We are not increasing our prices, as many places are, to cover the costs of PPE and having to restrict the number of treatments in a day so it is even more important for jobs and to our survival as a business that clients turn up for the appointments they have booked.